Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wordless Wednesday.

I will wear seatbelts
I will wear seatbelts
I will wear seatbelts, and pray ---

You are about to see the most amazing road ever. COME WITH ME . . .
Very, very High Way !
In Bolivia , South America

Stremnaya Road is nicknamed "The Road of Death"
and it will take no convincing as to how appropriate that is..
Buckle Up . . .
here we go!



Seen enough?
Oh, No . . . Your Trip Isn't Over Yet!
Check that your seat belt is fastened one more time . . . No Traffic at all today!! Spoke Too Soon..
Get Right Down into Low For This Hairpin Ok... Back into Top Gear and Accelerate That's Great.. Doing Over 80 Now and Making Up Time.. It's So Wide Here.. and Easy To Make The Pass Hang On.. Wish I Had The Inside Lane You Just Honk and The Guy Coming Will Move Over Huh? I Don't Think He Heard Your Horn??? Sorry?. We Just Lost The Curb This Morning. Not Much Further Now.. Oh.. Father..
Thanks for coming.
You Made It This Time!
After That Ride, Tell Me Honestly? Are You Going To
Complain About Your Lousy, Traffic - Congested
Super Highways Ever Again???


I do not think seat belts will save you here!

9 comments:

Lauren W said...

wow... and here I was thinking that Colorado had some intense mountain passes. That's seriously intimidating!

Dawn said...

That is scary!! I could not drive on that road...no way!!

Unknown said...

WOW! So Scary! Have you been there?

Gramma 2 Many said...

Never been there and do not plan to be. Even if I were in the country, I would not travel that road.

Unknown said...

Let me at it!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Stop by my blog today-I have left you something!

Gina said...

Getting carsick. Must. Roll. Down. Windows.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know I couldn't stay away.

There's some serious slope to that hill. (Understatement of the day...)

I think my husband might say he drove a similar rode situation in Ireland once...on the wrong side of the road, of course!

And what a beautiful beginning that is -- could you imagine driving through those rocks and realizing the serious craftsmanship that went into building it for the drivers?

Thanks, Gramma.
(Glad I decided to give you ONE LAST CHANCE...)

Now I'm off to 'choose an identity' for my blogger username. Think I'll choose Sarah Palin for 200, Alex.

{{{hugs}}}

Tulsi said...

I don't think anyone in my family would be caught on that road. Except maybe my husband and son - and that would only be because they were on a military mission and ordered to. My 14 year old would have a total freak out. We have a hard enough time getting her to go on certain parts of the mountain near our home. Gosh, thanks for sharing this. It may be easier to get her on the mountain now. I can't believe this is a real place. Hummmmm

I love your blog. And I LOVE Maxine. To bad I identify with her so much already:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails