Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am so thankful

that I have the assurance of my Salvation. That this body I possess has only been given to me to get me through this journey here on earth. That there is a better life waiting for me with Jesus. That there is nothing I can do to make Him not love me. I am so thankful for the Death, the Burial, and the Resurrection. Without that hope life would be without meaning.
That being said, I received a very heartbreaking phone call today from a friend of over 30 years. Her son Greg Gonsioroski was killed on the first of September fighting fires in Arizona or Nevada, I don't remember which. He was a private pilot. I do not have any particulars, except his plane crashed. Greg leaves behind a wife and three children as well as his parents and six siblings.
Greg was raised in a very strong Christian home and knew the Lord all of his life. That is why I am so thankful tonight. Although his family is mourning his loss, they all know that they will be reunited with him eventually.
I am making the 15 hour drive from my home with one of my daughters tomorrow. We will leave here as soon as she gets off work and drive all night to arrive in Baker Montana in time for his funeral at 11 o'clock Friday morning.
Please pray for the Gonsioroski family and peace for all of them. Pray also for Angie and I as we cross three states tomorrow night. We will be so grateful.

8 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

My heart is filled with sadness.

Greg joined Heaven with
^i^ Kirbie - a spirited teenager with a heart defect who gave her fight to God on Tuesday.

I will never understand Earth. But I thank my God every day for His relentless efforts to teach me.

Gramma,
The prayer has already been sent up. For you and your trip. And for Greg's dear family. May they just feel His peace and rise to His strength.

Unknown said...

I will continue to keep you all in prayer!

Julie said...

Thanks for coming to Hungary today. I will be praying for your drive and thanks for your kind words on my blog. You are a blessing!

Gina said...

wierd when faced with our own mortality. good thing that we can place our confidence in the Lord. drive safe.

Tulsi said...

I am sorry about your friends and their family. It is a difficult situation. I firmly believe that he is fine and will be waiting for his family. Have a safe trip.

Rela Pantaleon said...

Gramma, just like you, I am grateful to know and claim that my citizenship is not in this earth. Thank you for the opportunity to pray for you and Angie's trip and for Greg's family.

Meanwhile, thank you for your sweet post in my BATW-featured blog last Wednesday.

God bless you more!

Unknown said...

The air tanker crash that you mention, happenned here in Reno. They were leaving Stead airport on the way to fight a fire in California.

My heart and my prayers go out to his family and the families of the two other crew members that died with him.

If it was any comfort, people living near the crash site were there within moments and tried to rescue the men. However, it was a pretty bad crash and nothing could be done. They're still not sure what caused the crash...

Gramma 2 Many said...

Gregs parents said that one of the engines exploded which ripped off the wing loaded with fuel.
It is so hard to see a family suffer so. Even when you have the assurance of his salvation, the human heart still cries out for reasons. I just talked with his mother a few moments ago and they are flying to WA State tomorrow for the last of the services. The young man will be buried tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails