It is being modeled by my precious Jonah, #6518. In Henyas' pattern, she had us make three triangles on the top. I inadvertently kept knitting and made four. It still sewed together just fine. If (when)I make any more I am going to alter it just a bit to make it a smidge larger. We have huge heads in our family. I will probably start with 35 stitches and work to 45, giving me a bit more for roll up. I think this pattern is also compatible to enlarging by just going up a needle size or two.
Henya made her hat using Noro. The yarn shop I visited did not carry Noro and I did not wish to drive an extra 20 miles to go to the one that does. Especially since I have found this shop in the next town north of me. Anyhow, I used 100% wool by Twilleys of Stamford called Freedom Spirit. It made a very soft hat which I like, especially knowing Noro tends to be a bit scratchy. It is not machine washable or dryer compatible, so whomever inherits this will have to be very careful in laundering it or it will fit someones doll.
I made this hat yesterday evening and sewed it up this morning. A great quick gift idea.
Thanks Henya for your kind gift.
By the way, if you missed my post before this one, please be sure to read it.