Thursday, October 1, 2009

Knitting


I have a neighbor friend who is having a baby this week. I think she sometimes reads my blog, so Becky, if you do, still act surprised when I give you this.
It is a shrug, made from 100% cotton. I found it in an Interweave book that I bought last week. It goes in size from 3 months to two years. I made it in about two days. I actually finished it while I was up in Kotzebue, but did not have a teddy bear large enough to model it until Darius #4119 came over this week. Bear goes with him almost everywhere he goes so I just waited patiently until he came.
Am hoping baby Faith and her mommy like it.

6 comments:

Debby said...

It's beautiful! I have the yarn and pattern to make one for my granddaughters for Christmas. You are not the first to say it is a fast knit. Now I'm really excited to start them.

Katidids said...

That is really cute, I've been looking at patterns for Evie....might have to check that one out! I'm due a quick knit!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

thats one of those "keepsake" gifts that you cherish forever.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

how very sweet, gramma! you have such a talent and generous heart!
~k

Sarah - Kala said...

It's lovely!

Lindsay said...

It's beautiful! So glad she came safely yesterday and on time!!!!

I'm sure they both will adore it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails