Saturday, October 31, 2009

I sort of followed

The hat pattern Henya gave us this week. It was not intentional that I did not, but I think it was a happy accident. (See Abby #6415 in the background begging me to let her have a package of hot cocoa. Of course I said yes:)



It is being modeled by my precious Jonah, #6518. In Henyas' pattern, she had us make three triangles on the top. I inadvertently kept knitting and made four. It still sewed together just fine. If (when)I make any more I am going to alter it just a bit to make it a smidge larger. We have huge heads in our family. I will probably start with 35 stitches and work to 45, giving me a bit more for roll up. I think this pattern is also compatible to enlarging by just going up a needle size or two.

Henya made her hat using Noro. The yarn shop I visited did not carry Noro and I did not wish to drive an extra 20 miles to go to the one that does. Especially since I have found this shop in the next town north of me. Anyhow, I used 100% wool by Twilleys of Stamford called Freedom Spirit. It made a very soft hat which I like, especially knowing Noro tends to be a bit scratchy. It is not machine washable or dryer compatible, so whomever inherits this will have to be very careful in laundering it or it will fit someones doll.

I made this hat yesterday evening and sewed it up this morning. A great quick gift idea.

Thanks Henya for your kind gift.

By the way, if you missed my post before this one, please be sure to read it.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Soo cute!!

I'd like mine in blues and the boys would like theirs in reds please!!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Sure, wool? Remember, if I use this wool it cannot go into the washer or dryer.

Katidids said...

I saw that and its on the to do list! Glad to know it works up well! And, it looks like a little someone is happy to be wearing it!

Henya said...

Adorable, way to go my friend!

Unknown said...

Love the hat! I need to go yarn shopping!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails