Monday, October 26, 2009

Random Dozen:

Frizzy at Heaven's Gift and Therese at Musings of a Mom posted this meme and I thought it might be fun to play along. If you play along, let me know so I can come see how you answered.

1.Candy corn: Your thoughts ?
Bletch!!!


2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
I do not remember, after all it was more than 45 years ago.


3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
We have been. Actually liked it, and have thought of doing it again.


4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
No pets.


5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Tea berry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
The smell of waking up to daddy percolating coffee on the wood stove. (Gads that makes me old doesn't it? Percolating and wood stove in the same sentence.)


6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
Does last place in bowling count?


7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
Around December 1.


What is your favorite board game?
Sequence. A fun game of strategy and easy for young and old.

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I love surprises. Stan hates them. He does not surprise me at all, and gets mad at me if I do him so it is not a part of our life.


10. Is it easy for you to say "I'm sorry?"
If I am wrong, I have no problem saying I am sorry.


11. What is your favorite candle scent?
I love the clean sent of Vanilla.


12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
Since I love Mexican, I would probably have a Mexican Buffet. What would uniquely represent me? Pictures of my family, our times together and my handwork.
Posted at 8:33 AM

4 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

Well, I remember percolating coffee on a wood burning range, so I guess that makes me as old as you....or older! :-)

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

Grammas house smelled like coffee, woodstove, and quilts, I am not as old as you, but I remember that smell real well! Candy Corn? YOU BET!!!!!

Katidids said...

(with and elbow to Karyn) I'll take your candy corn and passt the carmels & mints to you!

Sarah - Kala said...

I'll post this Wednesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails