Saturday, October 10, 2009

Do Bears Poop in the Woods?

Yes, they do!! How do I know? Cause I saw it on my way up to Blue Lake with my family today.
I know, TMI but I just could not resist.

We had a great day hiking. It was a short easy mile in to Blue Lake in the Mt Baker National Forest. It is in the Northern section of Washington State. A 75 mile drive from my home.


Bryan, Darius (#1419) and Chelsea (#1102)

David and Olivia (#3417)



Climbing on the logs at the edge of the lake.


Chelsea (#1102) soaking up the rays and contemplating life.



Walking on logs. Can you see the blue lips. She had just finished a blueberry feast.



Eating blueberries

Throwing rocks into the lake.





This is a glacier fed lake. It is so clear and blue, you can see all the way down to the bottom. Right here where I took this picture, if you were to look down into the water, it was a sheer drop of at least 25 feet.


Blue Lake



Mt Baker with a new coat of snow. It is not unheard of for her to get in excess of 100 inches in a winter.
Probably our last hike before the weather turns on us and we cannot get out into the mountains.

6 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

GORGEOUS!! Boy, I sure miss the mountains!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely scenery we really love walks in the mountains here but your mountains are bigger than ours!, but our scenery is lovely too.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! We were up in Concrete for a football game yesterday morning and the mountains were beautiful in the sunlight.

I was worried the bear doo was in your yard given our bear situation around here :) Relieved it was not!

Therese said...

oh it looks like a wonderful place to hike.

Pautlitz Blog said...

Beautiful pictures. WHat a blessed woman you are!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

what an enviable opportunity for your family to spend time together!
k

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails