Thursday, March 11, 2010

My friend

Diane went home to be with the Lord this morning. We have been friends since we were 12 years old and I was the new girl in school.
She and her husband were skiing in Oregon last week when she suffered a massive stroke. Her second one. This time she was not able to defeat it.
We did not get to see one another often because of distance, but when we were together, we would pick up just like it was yesterday.
I am sitting here at my table typing this, looking out my window at the birds. Watching them feed at my feeder and listening to them as they sing. Life continues, I will go on with my day, I will care for Olivia and go through my daily chores. Yet my friend Willard will spend today driving home and thinking about his lovely wife, making plans for her. His day came to a standstill for a while.
Rest in peace my dear friend. I love you and will miss you dearly. Til we meet at the feet of Jesus..........

8 comments:

Frizzy said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news Evy. You and her family will be in my prayers. Sounds like we have another angel watching over us from up above.

Anonymous said...

Evy, I am so sorry,:( Just know that you will see her again someday. You are very lucky to have a lifelong friend. I also have a friend, we went to preschool together. we have known each other for 48 years. I will keep you and her family in my prayers.

Homestay Mama said...

So sorry to hear that you've lost a lifelong friend. I know what it's like to have a life long friend like that. But the separation is only temporary. Just think--she's already with the Lord--she no longer has to put up with all the problems we are plowing through every day. Actually she's the lucky one! The older I get, the more I long for the day when it is my turn!

Nancy said...

Evy...I am sorry for the loss of your friend. May she rest in peace!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

these are the moments we truly expect time to stand still - for the world to stop while we take time to grieve. yet, God brings us those reminders that Easter is true.

love you. i am so sorry you have lost your friend. will you be able to attend services to celebrate her life with Willard and family and friends?

thinking of you...
karin

Gramma 2 Many said...

Yes, Karin, I will. Lovin you right back.

Lindsay said...

I am so very sorry.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, Evy! You are all in my prayers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails