Thursday, July 30, 2009

So yesterday

I planned to chronicle my 63 years with pictures of me down through the ages. Did not actually have 63 I could post, but could have come pretty close. A couple of things made that impossible.
#1. I was doing my shift with my mother when she began acting oddly. I called my sister to tell her and she suggested I take her BP. It was much higher than normal and her pulse rate was high too. I called the Aid Car and they made the decision she needed to be transported. All the while we are thinking dehydration cause it has been terribly hot here in the Pacific Northwest. We have been pumping her full of water and I had bought Gator Aide so she would have the electrolytes she needed too. It turns out after spending the day in the ER and millions of tests later, she had had a small stroke. Apparently she has had others, but we were not aware of them. I am so thankful "O" care has not been instituted yet, cause we would have probably been told to take her home and let her die cause after all she is 88 years old. As it is, she is at her primary care Dr. right now having other tests done. Will let you know results once we get them.
#2. My desk top computer is dead!!! I cannot post from there now, but fortunately, I can post from my lovely lap top birthday computer. But............all of my pictures are on my desk top. I can still get on it to take my pictures off, I just cannot get online from there.
I do want to thank all of you for your kind Birthday wishes. It makes me feel so loved:) Sorry about the pictures though. I know you would have loved seeing me in my bell bottom pants and my cat eye glasses!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

So sorry about your mother, but so glad you were with her and she wasn't alone. I will be praying for her. Much love!

Libby's Library said...

Sorry about your mom, but thank goodness is wasn't more serious.

Hope next years birthday is even better!

Rosemary said...

So glad your mother is getting the care she needs. God bless her. (And may she never be subjected to O-care.)

Sarah - Kala said...

Prayer for your mum!
And you know what? I will gladly wait on those pictures. When you do retrieve them, I hope you won't change your mind about sharing them. T'would be a grand time! Hope your mom gets all she needs . . . God bless.

Homestay Mama said...

Prayers for your Mom.

Would love to see those pics!

Dawn said...

Prayers for your mom. I just spoke with my mom whose health is not the best either..she would not do well under "O" care. If any of your posters live in states with "blue dog" democrats..write, email, call! They'll listen to their constituents. Bombard them! I did mine, but both are Republican and have little impact at this point. It's those blue doggers that we need to sway. Write, Email, Call!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Im praying for your mama, and WAITING for the pictures!

Grandma Elsie said...

What is the world coming to...
I am so glad you were with your Mom. hope she continues to improve .

I still want to see those pictures as well. I know you will have some cuties... LOL
Elsie <><

betty said...

sorry about your mother; so glad you were able to get her help as soon as you could!

so glad you got a new birthday computer

betty

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

not quite how you planned to spend the day, indeed. fortunately, you were aware of the changes in her behavior and followed your instincts. moms and daughters. what a cycle of love.

hope you receive the answers you need to her tests!

love,
karin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails