Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last weeks knitting.

This particular piece is one I am having a terrible time with finishing. I do not even know why I made it. (Except it is being pushed as a must have.) I made it one time before and did not enjoy it then either. If I post it here, I might be motivated to finish it. All it actually needs is sewn up and buttons sewn on, then a collar knit on. Maybe in a few days, or months, or years I will be able to show you the finished item.
Last Friday, Angie and I went to Yakima, which is on the Eastern side of Washington State, for a Fast Pitch tournament that Shaylene #3206 was in with her High School team. Sadly, they did not place, but it was a great learning experience for them. On the way over, I started these longies, knit during the first game, and finished them on Saturday. They are 100% washable wool.
Saturday, after I finished the longies, I started this cute little skirt.
I finished it on Sunday.
It too is 100% wool, but the blue is only hand washable.
I am slowly but surely building up my fund. I only hope I live long enough to make the projected $5000.00:)
I haven't managed to get much done this week. I have started a little pair of tights that I will have to finish in a couple of days, then I think I will concentrate a little more on hats for Tricia to take back up to Dillingham and try to sell for me.

5 comments:

Frizzy said...

They all look great! I bet someone special will get to wear that skirt for the 4th of July. Too sweet!

Katidids said...

Those are great! I love the skirty

gramma2many said...

Thanks, Katie, you have been a great inspiration to me. Glad we live far apart at this time so that I am not trespassing on your market:)
Friz, the skirt sold the day I finished it. Tricia bought it for a friend who brought a little 7 month old girl home from Ethiopia this week. I will send her the skirt and shirt as soon as Tricia sends me her address.

Anonymous said...

what is it?

Gramma 2 Many said...

I will show you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails