Monday, April 22, 2013

I found this post in my drafts. I never posted it, so I thought I would tonight.

Saves coming up with a new subject tonight.
Our Love Story

I do not know that I have the fireworks type of love story, but I will tell you how we met.




July 29, 1962
July 10, 1965


July 10, 1990


We were 15 years old when we met. I baby sat for his sister who lived about one mile from my family. She and her husband owned a bodyshop in Lynnwood, about 15 or 20 miles from my home. Stan worked in the shop for his sister and her husband. Whenever I was babysitting for her, she would tell Stan she wanted him to come home with her to meet her "cute" babysitter. The night he finally did, my sister was babysitting. She delights in telling me she met him first. I gently remind her that I was the one he asked out. Since we were still 15 years old, I was not yet allowed to date, so we would hang out at his sisters house, with her. On my 16th birthday we went out to dinner and actually were inseparable from then on.

At some point in our relationship we realized that we were going to get married. We were married the year we turned 19. He was 19 on June 1st, we married on July 10th and I turned 19 on July 29th. This year it is 48 years.

Stan and I have had a very good marriage. We have actually been together for 3/4 of our life. We have had some very rough times and equally good times. Today, we fit like a pair of comfortable shoes. We like each other, we enjoy one another's company and we do not have extreme expectations of one another.

By saying we like each other, I do not negate our love at all. I have known many people who love one another yet do not like them. We have the best of both.

A heads up to my daughters and son who read this, it is only  TWO years to the big one. Time to plan a great surprise for your mom and dad:)

There is much more to write about us and our relationship. Maybe some day I will do so, but right now, this is our "Love Story" in a nutshell.
December 17, 2011

Do you have a love story to share?

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh I love, love, love this. I met Dennis when I was 15 and we married when I was 18. It will be 35 years in September. I agree with the friendship and love part. We fit perfectly together. I pray for another 35 years with him.
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Betsy

Beth said...

A beautiful love story! The pictures say it all!

Beth

Madeline's Album said...

What a beautiful love story. My husband and I married when I was 18 and he was 20. We had 57 years together before God took him up to heaven last year. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Audrey said...

Love your story and the pictures are priceless. Congratulations on your years together. I was 18 and he was almost 20 when we married. We will celebrate 63 years this June and still very much in love. We are best friends too. Blessings to all your family.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Roslyn said...

You are blessed in your life partner Evie, and he in you! I know you are a great comfort to each other.
Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails