Monday, February 25, 2013

Last Weekend

Stan and I took a little trip to Palm Springs.  Just to find the sun.  We also met up with our friends Pastor Ray and Trudy Leonard who have retired a little south of there. Spent Saturday with them and had a wonderful day catching up. We stayed at WorldMark in Indio.  What a beautiful resort. The flower above was one of the many I saw there. I have no idea what it is. Do you?
While we were out walking on Saturday morning, I saw this sweet dove in one of the flower beds. I love watching them. They are so dainty and delicate.
Stan went out for a walk alone on Friday. I shot this picture from our balcony. He had no idea I was taking it.  This resort has everything a person could want or need.  If you are a golfer, there is an amazing course right next door.  We had lunch on Friday and Saturday at the clubhouse and watched the people out on the course. Kept us entertained for a while.  Neither of us golf, but it does not keep us from enjoying watching others.
On Sunday, after we checked out of the Resort, we took a drive up to Mt. San Jacinto and took the Arial Tram to the top. I have to admit I was just a little bit frightened. The tram starts at an elevation of 2,643 feet and ends at an elevation of 8,516 feet. It was about 65 degrees at the bottom and between 25 and 30 degrees at the top.
It is about 10 minutes to the top 2.5 mile trip. The following pictures are ones I took on the way up.





Palm Springs from the Mountaintop. Unfortunately, my camera was on the wrong setting so I did not get a real clear picture. Still pretty breathtaking.




Looking down from the top. In the car just before we began our descent.

Almost there. I believe this is the tower that we were told was 54 stories high. Doesn't really look it from this picture but I did not get a picture of it from the ground up.


Back at the bottom. This small waterfall is the source of water for the lodges, both at the top and the bottom  of the mountain.  Each cable car is fitted with a water tank which has water pumped into it and carried to the mountain top and stored in a cistern for use up there.

We were really impressed with the airport. All of these pictures were taken after we went through security. Such a nice place to wait for your plane.



Coming home, I was able to get a direct flight from Palm Springs to Seattle.  There were no seats for Stan so he flew to San Francisco and to Seattle on Monday morning. I got the car and drove the 60 miles home to sleep and got up in the morning and went back to Seattle to meet Stan's plane at 9 A.M.  It is a part of the joys of flying as an employee dependent. We just call it part of the adventure.  Next trip? We are thinking Arizona.  We really do love our daughter's job. We threaten her with mayhem if she ever quits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What lovely snaps! My daughter and her family used to live in Bellevue and when we go visit we'd always go into Seattle! Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails