Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chemo Buddies and Week #8 thoughts from Kris


2/3 shrinkage is significant. I should be dancing in the street.  I've been more in the mind set of I'll believe it when I feel it. #8 chemo has been a difficult one to recover from. At no point during this week have I felt good. Today as I was feeling sorry for myself I was reminded of how blessed I am.
  • I am almost never alone.
  • My friends and family call, text, email, fb message and snail mail encouragement to me daily.
  • Friends drop in.
  • Meals are delivered.
  • My husband loves me.
  • My sons are top quality.
  • Laundry is done. House is clean. (Everyone needs a brother-in-law like mine)
What do I  have to complain about? I'm not happy about the pain, but I choose joy. My heart is full.
Psalms 28:7

2 comments:

Lotti said...

found your blog through Blogtoberfest. Looking forward to working my way through your posts. Good luck with the Chemo .... sending out good thoughts to you.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Love you Kris.

I, too, choose Joy.

(I don't think I'm even that good at it, but you are an inspiration.)

(...so is your mama.)

<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails