Monday, April 20, 2009

Some Socks


I made my girlfriend for her birthday. I used Red Heart Razzle Dazzle. I had read that someone else had used it one time and was satisfied with it. Personally, I would not buy it again. I prefer to pay a little more and get a better value in my yarn. When I purchased the yarn for these socks, I matched dye lot and color number. I knit the first sock and started the second, when I discovered even though I purchased matching lots, the yarn did not have the same colorway. I sent an e-mail to Red Heart, which I found out is a division of Coats and Clark, telling them of my disappointment. They did follow up with a letter telling me that it is not unusual having different colorways in matching dye lots and color numbers. I totally disagree with them on that. It has never happened to me before when buying a yarn of better quality. They did, however, replace my original two skeins of yarn with three. I now have the two original skeins, after frogging the original sock, and one full and two partial skeins of the yarn they sent me. Guess I will make some little socks with it.
So anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY. Hope you get many wearings from your socks.
By the way, they are the same length, her legs must be crooked:)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Trish said...

ahem.....

does she live in the ARCTIC?

cuz I do.....



LOVE YOU!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know:)

Cristie :) said...

Ohhh...I get to see the finished product! Gorgeous as always!! :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Maybe I should learn to knit...

Katidids said...

They look great, its always a pain when you put that work into the first and have that happen! Good for you for emailing the company.
I thought Trish would chime in to assist you in clearing out the extras! Wool socks would be like gold to her! What a good daughter helping out her Mom like that! LOL!

Homestay Mama said...

You are such a talented lady! I don't know how you ever find time to knit, let alone blog, take care of grandchildren, and do all the myriad other things you do! I can't hold a candle to you!

Jill said...

Love the socks!!!!! Pretty and comfy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails