Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Knitting and reading

I have decided to join Yarn Along in her weekly post about what is on your needles and what are you reading.
I just finished these socks today for my grandson Levi.  He needed some snow socks for inside his boots. I used Patons Kroy and a basic sock pattern that I have memorized.
Reading two books at the time. Heaven is for Real sent to me by a friend as reassurance, (I do not need it, but I appreciate her for taking the time to love me in this manner.) because of the loss of my beautiful daughter two weeks ago.
Obama's America because I am a political Junkie. I keep this book in my car and read it when I am waiting to pick up my granddaughter from the school bus.

4 comments:

Therese said...

I love the socks Evy but while we are sweltering in highs of 90, it is hard to imagine someone needing them and having snow.

Nancy said...

I so wish I could knit like you! You inspire me....I've watched a couple of youtube videos...but I'm scared to death! Love the socks!
I've read both books...one is encouraging...and the other is discouraging. I bet you know which one is which!

Gina said...

Levi will love them.

Betsy said...

I've read both books. One is reassuring as you said, but I also need no reassurance of where I'm going. Come Lord Jesus. Soon please. The other book is interesting to say the least.

Love the socks. I made so many pair in 2011 I don't think I made any last year. :-)

I'm so glad to meet you!! I love it when The Lord introduces a new sister to me.
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails