Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recipe Swap Thursday

Therese @ The Musings of a Mom has started a new thread called Recipe Swap Thursday. Thought I might get involved, so here is my contribution, sans pictures because I really was not prepared.
This is another one from one of my favorite Taste of Home publications called Tortellini Ceasar
Salad. It has a gold star in my rating system. Like I would share one with a Mr Yuk sticker!
1 9oz package frozen cheese tortellini
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup shredded Parmesean cheese, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, mince8 cups torn romaine
1 cup seasoned salad croutons
halved cherry tomatoes, optional
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowll, combine the mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 cup cheese, lemon juice and garlic; mix well.
Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water; place in large bowl. Add the romaine and remaining cheese.
Just before serving, drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Top with croutons and tomatoes, if desired.
Serves 10
I found this was an easy recipe to cut down to serve just the two of us, and it would be equally easy to double to serve a crowd.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! Thanks for joining in-I can't wait to try this one!

Katidids said...

Ohhh! Now I'm hungry! That sounds so good!

Sarah - Kala said...

Stop this madness! I'm trying to cut out all the eating. You know I had to go buy magazines for Teenie's project (cut out stuff) and we went past a bakery we were able to avoid for two months running now . . . until yesterday. My blood sugar was dipping and I went in and got a puffed pastry "sweet potato roll". Oh, God, it was delish! Teenie had an apple puff pastry. I bought a loaf of whole wheat bread - instant hit. $4/loaf. Same as the heavily processed stuff in the store (cost wise).

this recipe sounds awesome!

Frizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frizzy said...

Yummy! My parents are having their annual bbq/pic nic this weekend. Would love to try this then. However, it's been so hot I don't think the ingredients would hold up very well. I will be making this very soon at home tho. Thanks for sharing. LOL at your Mr Yuk Sticker comment.

Tulsi said...

This sounds like my picky 15 year old would eat it. She loves any kinds of salad. She isn't a dieter, but loves salads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails