Thursday, May 2, 2013

I found this in my yard

Remember last week when I posted that Spring was finally finding it's to the beautiful Puget Sound area?

I posted a picture of my pretty Cherry tree in the back corner of my yard. If you look closely, you can see the two 4x4"s in the ground and the one that goes across the top, covered by the branches of the Cherry tree. This is where I go to relax during the summer. It is my swing.

Today was a nice sunny day and I though I would go sit on my swing for a while and enjoy the warm. As I got close to the swing, I was dive bombed by a Robin.  Looking up to see why she acted so startled, I saw this nest on the cross bar of my swing.
I had to wait for Stan to come home and set a ladder for me so I could get up and get the picture of the inside of the nest.  I have declared the swing off limits to the kids until this little family hatches and moves out.
We are very excited to follow the progression from eggs to birds.
Is anyone else nurturing/hosting a little family in their yard?

3 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Sorry you will not be able to enjoy the swing until the robins hatch and move out. The eggs are a beautiful blue. Great pictures. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Betsy said...

Beautiful photo and a great reason not to use your swing! We usually have a family of sparrows under our deck but they haven't returned this year.

Blessings,
Betsy

Frizzy said...

We have a blue jay nest in our Bay leaf tree. Lily and I were watching a squirrel run along the roof of our house from my bedroom window one morning and we got quite a show. The happy little squirrel scurried along the roof and took a leap into the air to land in the bayleaf tree only to be attacked mid leap by the blue jay. Oh the noise these two made as they fell to the ground. Lily and I just stood their shocked looking from the window to eachother as if we couldn't believe what had just happened. Needless to say, I keep my distance from that tree. LOL Miss you my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails