Saturday, December 5, 2009

Roz asked me

in a comment this week if we had solved our mold problem. Thought I would show you what we have been up to this week.
Downstairs bath getting new tile. We discovered the mold went under the wall into the laundry room so we will have to replace the floor in there also.
Bryan should be back this weekend to finish the tile job.





































Dang, I loaded the bathroom sequence of pictures backwards, but I think everyone is smart enough to figure it out.
After the floor is finished, we
definitely will need to paint this room.

Also did some work in the kitchen.
The island Stan built a couple of years ago, just was not right so we decided to paint it.
Here it is all sanded down.
Getting ready to spray. I left at this time cause I did not want to inhale the fumes.
The first color we chose. It is a really nice red, but our granite is a green. It just did not compliment. I was sad because I really wanted some red in here.
The final color. Leather Brown by Glidden. It has a green cast to it so it compliments the granite much better than the red did.
We also decided to replace the builder grade molding with a larger paintable molding.
Today, we are looking at paint chips for the walls. Since our house is the open concept in the living room, dining room, kitchen, and stairway, it needs to be something that will flow smoothly from room to room.
We are also looking at paint colors for the rest of the cabinets. Everything is builder grade and we just do not want to put the extra dollars into the kitchen here. We are at the verge of upgrading beyond what our neighborhood will support value wise.
Changing out the molding is also going to run into changing out doors and window trims. Once you start something, it just leads to another project and it goes on and on. Does work to get ones mind off of the state of the country for a while though.
For some reason unknown to mankind, blogger is not letting me write between my pictures.




7 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Looks great, that kitchen! You can accent with a red tea pot or something. In a muted rust colour. That's what I have done.

I posted a funny on my blog for you. ;)

Homestay Mama said...

It's looking good, Evy!

(Yesterday morning I sent an e-mail to your "gramma" address about next weekend. Haven't heard back, so maybe you didn't get it. Or after reading today's post, I think maybe you've been too busy to read your e-mails!) :-)

Kathi said...

Love what you've done. It's beautiful!! Kathi

Trish said...

I liked the red!!

Lindsay said...

I love it! And I wanted to change out our molding, too, but I can see the kaching of the doors :)

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful!

Cristie :) said...

Yes, we LOVE our red and if you're like me we try to stick it anywhere we can! However...I do LOVE the brown!!! Great choice! Kinda sad I won't have another meal on that island... :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails