This is Eli. His parents are Julie and Zack @ My life with boys. For those who do not know them, they are Missionarys in Hungary. They have been dealing with illness almost all winter and now Eli is extremely ill. Below is an e-mail Julie has sent out telling of Eli's illness.
Please pray for healing for him and comfort for his parents.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Update on Eli
Thank you all so much for your comments, prayers, emails and concern. It means a lot. We are blessed by you all. We would appreciate you continuing to pray for Eli during this time and please send out this prayer request to anyone you know...any prayer chains at church, mom's groups, etc... We covet your prayers for us as we make decisions regarding his treatment.I just sent out this email to those on our email list...and thought I would copy and paste it here, so that you will know the latest update and prayer requests. Thanks!!
Julie here. I wanted to update you on Eli. I was able to spend the night with him last night. I slept on the floor and a kind nurse gave me a blanket and a pillow. I slept well considering I just came back from America that morning. I got about 4-5 hours of broken sleep. I was grateful for it and thankful for that much. Zach came in at 7 and I left to come home and get a nap in and a shower.
I just spoke with Zach and he has learned a few things.
-He has an infection in the porous bone in the ear. Also in the porous bones around his nose and eyes, but not as serious as the ear. He is on strong antibiotics but it works best with good blood circulation which he doesn’t have right now.
-The Thrombosis is in the main vein that goes through the ear in the head then down to the heart. They are giving him blood thinners through shots in his tummy (not fun) and prayerfully this will help.
The doctors said they are looking for 2 signs showing he is responding well to the antibiotics. First that he will complain less about his headaches and secondly he will want to sleep less.
If the doctors don’t see any improvement in these areas within the next day or so they are thinking that he will need to have surgery to remove the bone that is infected. Apparently this is not a “needed” bone and he can live without it. With the infection gone, the thrombosis will heal much quicker and not be a danger to him anymore.
Please continue to stand with us in prayer as we anxiously await to see our Eli back to himself. He is scared. He just wants to sleep and all the doctors are poking at him, injecting him with things and he is so afraid. Please pray for him to calm down so he can ACCURATELY tell us when he is in pain or just afraid. It is important to know the difference.
Thanks. We will keep you update. We are also keeping our blog updated as much as possible too.
Grateful, Zach and Julie
Again, thank you all for standing by us in prayer!!!!