Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Mother

had her knee surgery today. It went well. Praise God!!

She did not want anyone to stay with her tonight. I was so tired, I couldn't but one of my sisters planned to do so. Another sister will be at the hospital with her tomorrow. I need to go buy her some new jammies and undies before Olivia and I go down and check in on her. When they weighed her today, she had lost 24 pounds in the past two months. She just has not been able to eat. We have had to coax her into eating for the past two weeks.

God, I pray your place your healing hands on her today and give her strength and health for years to come.

Including her ten surviving children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, to whom she is GG, she has over 100 descendants, so there were many prayers being uttered in her behalf over the course of the past two months that she has been ill.

Speaking of being GG, I have to tell you a little story, coming from the prospective of a four year old.

I have told you before that I care for my granddaughter Olivia. I have taken care of her since she was six weeks old and her mother returned to work after her birth. She knows she is my whole reason for waking up in the morning and the delight of my heart. So, with my mother being so ill and me needing to spend so much time with her, Olivia has had to go to daycare. She hates it. Nancy doesn't even lay down with her when it is nap time. Can you believe it?

On Monday as Angela was dropping her off at the day care she was crying and resisting going in. As she struggled with her, Angela heard her say, "GG is just taking to long to die."

I plan to take her to the hospital with me tomorrow so she can see GG is getting better and she is not going to die, and that she and Gramma will be spending our days together once again. Soon.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, Olivia commented "GG is taking too long to go to heaven."

Katidids said...

I've been wondering how she is doing...thank you for sharing. Were pray for healing and strength for you all. Please keep us updated!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

So glad your mama's surgery went well!

Unknown said...

Prayers continue for a quick recovery!

Lindsay said...

Great news!

Grandma Elsie said...

Praying for your Mom today. God is able to strengthen her and give her a reason to live as well.
Beautiful granddaughter you have there. I have 2 myself.
God bless
Elsie <><

Gina said...

Sounds a bit like another granddaughter of your who kept asking when you were going to die- so she could have all your stuff.

Sharon said...

I will be praying for your mother, and that soon Olivia will be able to spend her days with you again! :)

Unknown said...

Glad your Mum is doing so much better and that her op went smoothly. Will keep you all in my prayers and especially that Olivia will be back with her loved GG again, very soon !!!

Frizzy said...

GLad to hear your mom's surgery was a success. I will continue to pray for the return of her appetite. So frustrating after everything else she's been through. Heck, I'd be more than happy to give her 25 pounds of my own weight or my appetite! If only it worked that way....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails