Sunday, November 6, 2011

We went to

LaConner yesterday.  Just the three of us.  It is a little tourist town along the Swinomish Channel.  I had plans to take lots of pictures of the area, but Gina called and they were headed to our house so we hurried home so we could play with cousins.  Far more fun for them than hanging out with Gramma while she takes pictures.
I did take this one though. It is on a ramp leading down to a very narrow dock.  After I took it a gentleman came up and asked if I wanted one of all three of us.  Of course I did.  It is in my archives now, not to be made public.  As he handed my camera back to me, I commented the kids are wanting to go down on the dock but I was a bit reluctant to allow them to do so as I am not as nimble as I once was.  I then turned and returned to the kids and we did walk down to the end of the ramp and stood for a while.  I would not allow them on the dock though.  When we turned to come back up the ramp, the man was standing there watching us.  As we returned to solid ground, without a word, he turned and walked away.  I like to think he stayed close by just in case something happened.  Gives me faith in the goodness of strangers.

Life in Arlington Washington.  Linking up with Unknown Mami and Sunday's in My City.

5 comments:

Lifeofkaylen said...

I love when you get a chance to witness the goodness of mankind. It's sometimes a rare event, so you have to cherish it when you can!

Lil Miss Red T-Shirt said...

Amazing how small acts of kindness mean so much.

Kristin - The Goat said...

It's good to have those angels among us.

namaste said...

yes, God's angels are all around us. thanks for the reminder lovely girl.

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh, he was most definitely looking out for you. How wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails