Monday, December 1, 2008

A meme passed on to me by Therese @ http://themusingsofamom.blogspot.com/
These are the rules: Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.



So here goes: The book closest to me was my journal from my trip. That is because that is the one I am working on right now.

Page 56:
While we were at Nyaragusu Camp yesterday, they received word that the government will be closing the market outside the camp. This is just the beginning of the forced repatriation by the Tanzanian government. Next they will close the schools, cut off all other food supplies and their wood supply, thus starving them back across the lake and into the Congo. We also heard yesterday that the rebel leader Laurent Nakunda had overtaken a couple of government troops in Goma. This is what these people are being forced to return to.

I am going to tag:
Lizzie
Leslie
Gina
Tricia
Ren
You go girls!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails