Sunday, July 13, 2014

A couple of weeks ago

Pepper and I drove across the mountains to Yakima.  I have an Aunt over there.  One of the two or three remaining of my parents generation.  She was the wife of mom's brother.  She will be 93 in a couple of weeks.  You know, really, I do want to live that long.  She has had a very good life and enjoys good health.  She still lives alone in the home she and my Uncle shared.  She does need a walker now and she does tend to repeat her stories more often as well as forget names.  But all in all, she is doing pretty good. I was not in a real hurry so instead of taking I-5 south and then 90 east, I meandered over the back roads.  This route takes me right past Snoqualamie Falls. It was time for a stretch break so I stopped and took a couple of pictures.  They were still quite full with snow  melt and runoff.

I spent two days with my Aunt and started home on Wednesday morning.  Quite by accident, I wound up going the wrong direction out of Yakima.  I decided that instead of turning around, I would continue on and go to Toppenish and Zillah which are a bit further down the valley.  I drove around Toppenish until I was able to find my Grandmothers house.  It has been all dolled up, but still has the same bones.  I wanted to take a picture of it, but got a bad case of the shy's. Silly me.  My childhood home was in Zillah, so I drove up to my home there.  Again a case of the shy.  I guess I will have to make another trip.  I think I may meet my cousin there in August so maybe we can go down together.

As I headed back up the freeway and got to Ellensburg, there was a sign along the highway that said that the drive from Ellensburg to the top of the pass was over an hour and half, so I took another detour. Had no reason to hurry at all.  I cut across Blewett pass and connected with Stevens pass to head west on.  Just as soon as I connected with Blewett, I came across this abandoned ranch. I had to stop and take a couple of pictures. I love the close up of the barn. I really am thinking of framing these two.  I had them printed in 11x16 prints and they really are great.
  

As usual, Pepper loves to go for rides, but she is even happier when we get home.

2 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Great photos. Detours can be fun and interesting. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Betsy said...

I haven't taken the drive by Snowqualamie Falls but have often driven through Blewett and Stevens Passes. That drive is very beautiful. Your pictures are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails