Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Special Order finished.-----


 Several weeks ago, I did a post highlighting some of my knits and explaining why I knit. A blog reader saw it and contacted me ordering three hats. One for herself and one for her two daughters. She wanted the same pattern for all three, but a different color for the smallest one.

 This week, I finished the smallest hat. The pattern is called Petal Tam. You can see why from this picture. It is knit with sock yarn and on size 2 needles. Since she wanted all three to be the same, and I did not have a small pattern, I went down to size 1 needles and followed the pattern as it was written. (Mostly).
I used one of my favorite yarns. It knits so smoothly. Every stitch is always even and I never have tension problems. It is Malabrigo. It comes in all weights, sock, DK and worsted. I usually use sock as I really prefer to knit with fine yarn and small needles. It is also 100% Merino, machine washable, lay flat to dry.
The darling model is my little seven year old neighbor. I have known her since she was about 9 months old. Of course, she has in and out privileges at my house :)
So, now onto the next two hats. Hoping to have them finished within the next month. I am being generous with my time so I don't have to push myself.
So, how about you? What is on your needles?

2 comments:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I would like 3 one those. Dark Blue, Brown, and Red...all adult size. Tell me how much with postage to Oz, and I hope you have PayPal. Blessings Crystal

Madeline's Album said...

Love the hat. You do such beautiful work. I am looking forward to getting the mittens I won. Have a blessed day. Madeline

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails