Thursday, December 8, 2011


On Friday, December 2, Stan and I left our house at 5:30 PM.  Went to dinner and then drove to SeaTac to fly to Bethel Alaska for the weekend.  We left SeaTac at 9:30 PM, arrived in Anchorage at 12:30 AM.  Our connecting flight to Bethel was at 6:40 AM.  Arriving in Bethel just before 8 AM.  I did not get many pictures taken because baby, it was cold outside!! What I got are below.
This snowman was standing in a yard of one of Cooper's friends.  All of the white beyond is the  tundra.  AKA a field.
A barge on the Kuskoquim river.  Size relationship is shown by the mobile home on top of the barge.

The frozen Kuskoquim River.  One of Tricia's neighbors said he went out with a four foot auger and drilled into the river ice.  He broke through right at the four foot measure.

These are docks that the fishing boats tie up during the fishing season

You see boats all over like this one.  Once the river thaws, they will refloat it.

The real reason for our trip though was because our grandson Ben had a few parts in the Bethel Theater production of Annie.
Here he is playing the part of Mr. Bundles schmoozing Miss Hannigan.

In the song and dance rendition of New York, New York.

Another New York New York shot.

Holding the applause sign for the "live" audience.
He also had an invisible part as a radio announcer.
As President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Curtain Call.
We got into Bethel on the first and last plane of the day.  Other flights (2) were canceled because of wind and ice on the runway.  Of course that gave me reason to worry about getting out on Sunday. Sunday was a bright new day with flights back to normal so we caught the final flight out. Were able to upgrade that flight to first class.  I must say, I could easily get comfortable with first class, very easily:)  We were trying to catch a 10:30 flight to Seattle, but it was full.  We were able to get seats on a 12:30 flight.  Arrived in Seattle at 4:30 Monday morning and home to our house at 6:30.  Needless to say, we slept until one o'clock that afternoon. From Tricia's front door to our front door was 11 long hours. I will do it again, without hesitation.


Homestay Mama said...

Glad you made it home--and first class to boot! :-). See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming!!! We are so glad you could put those benefits to good use!

Love you,

D, T and boys

Wiley said...

That's a lot of roles! Glad you were able to make it, having a fan club is always so great.


Related Posts with Thumbnails